Who We Are
About the Director
Since March 2009, Amy Yaroch, Ph.D. has served as the Executive Director at the Gretchen Swanson Center for Nutrition. She is an Affiliate Member of the Eppley Cancer Center and holds appointments as:
• Professor in the Department of Health Promotion, Social and Behavioral Health in the College of Public Health at the University of Nebraska Medical Center
• Adjunct Professor in the Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Prior to her position at the Center, Dr. Yaroch was a Program Director at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and National Cancer Institute’s (NCI) Health Promotion Research Branch for more than six years where she led research efforts in the areas of nutrition, obesity prevention and sun safety/skin cancer prevention.
Carolyn B. Baldwin
Leah Carpenter, MPH
Director of Finance and Operational Services
Catherine Plumlee, MPH
Ana Carolina Sella, Ph.D.
Teresa Smith, MS
The Center offers a graduate fellowship program for both Masters- and Doctoral-level students. The fellowship program helps prepare and train students for careers in public health, academia and other research-oriented positions in content areas such as childhood obesity prevention, local food systems, food insecurity, and measurement and evaluation.
Major responsibilities of a Graduate Assistant may include:
- Conducting a comprehensive literature review and contributing to the preparation of scientific manuscripts, policy briefs or other documents in content areas listed.
- Conducting analyses of secondary datasets and contributing to the preparation of scientific manuscripts for publication in a scientific journal and a brief report targeted towards non-scientific audiences.
- Assisting with primary data collection, management and analyses for ongoing projects.
- Applying for extramural funding to support research endeavors.
- Communicating study results/findings through oral presentation at a major national conference.
- Attending events in the Omaha community as a representative of the Center.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For more information, please send an email to Dr. Amy Yaroch at email@example.com.